Shareit is a major android application that can be found in most of the android smartphones. With over 100 million installs directly from the Google Play Store and much more from other sources, Shareit apk is the most popular file sharing app ever developed. Now, it is rather tough to decide whether it is the best file sharing app of not (because other apps like Zapya and Xender are equally good), but if you ask my opinion on the best file sharing app, I would straight away recommend Shareit.
- 1 Before we begin
- 2 Let’s Start
- 3 Introduction to file sharing
- 4 File sharing apps
- 5 Shareit apk
- 6 Download Shareit apk [All versions]
- 7 How to install Shareit apk
- 8 About Shareit
- 9 How to use Shareit
- 10 How Shareit works
- 11 Features of Shareit app
- 12 Benefits of using Shareit over other apps
- 13 Shareit customer reviews
- 14 FAQs
- 15 Final Words
Before we begin
Before I start with this article, I want to give you some basic information about this particular article. Let me tell you the exact flow of the article.
Here is how this article starts.
- Introduction to file sharing
- Best file sharing apps
- About the Shareit apk
- Download Shareit apk
- About Shareit app
- How to install Shareit
- How to use Shareit
- Shareit customer reviews
- Working of Shareit
- Features of Shareit app
Now coming to this particular blog post, I am here going to give you tons of information about Shareit app. Starting from the introduction to file sharing, till the FAQs about Shareit, I will share everything that you will need to get started.
But, first things first, you are here to download that Shareit apk. So, I will be providing that as well and the best part is that I will share all the major versions of Shareit apk.
A very common thing which can be experienced a lot of times is that whenever two people meet, they tend that share some data with each other. Suppose I and you meet after some time, I will share all the news applications which I have installed recently and might also share some movies which I would have downloaded. You too might do that same. And that’s where the concept of file sharing comes into the frame.
Introduction to file sharing
In simple terms, file sharing is the process of sending any format of data (like apk, mp4, mp3, doc etc) from one device to another.
Now, here we are not talking about other devices, so we will consider only Android devices. Coming to the point, there can exist a lot of data that you might want to share with your friends and family members.
This data can include anything from the following
Types of Data
And many more data types…
Ways to Transfer Data
In android devices, there are two major ways of transferring data. Either you can transfer data through Bluetooth (Which is built-in almost every device) or you can transfer over a LAN connection. You might already be knowing that sending data through Bluetooth takes a hell lot of time, especially when the data size is large. But transferring data over a LAN connection is super fast. And that is the reason why most of the people prefer LAN over Bluetooth.
Now, transferring via Bluetooth is really very easy because in you already get a “Bluetooth software” built in almost every android device. However, to transfer files via LAN, you need to have some application which would connect two devices and share files between them.
If we consider that aspect then to some extent we can say that sharing files over Bluetooth is better than sharing files over Wifi or LAN. But one of the potential disadvantages of sharing files over Bluetooth is that it is very slow.
Hence Bluetooth takes a lot of time to share one file from one device to another. And that is where the concept of File Sharing apps comes into the scene.
Read the next heading to know more.
File sharing apps
File sharing apps are those apps which connect two different devices over a Wifi or a LAN connection and then share data between them.
In case you do not know how these apps work, you can move on to the “How Shareit works” heading on this particular page to read about the working of Shareit app. All such file sharing apps work in the same manner.
Now, here I am going to tell you about some popular file sharing apps that share data over Wifi
First one in my list is obviously Shareit. In my opinion, shareit is the best file sharing app for android ever developed. Since it is the topic for my entire article, I would not go into much details of Shareit now.
If Shareit was not a thing, then the app which I would be using for sharing files would be Xender. So this is the second best file sharing app according to me. It also works as fast as Shareit and it very easy to use.
The third one if my small list of best android apps is Zapya. I am not saying that Zapya is not better than the other two apps. I personally prefer Shareit and Xender over Zapya, that is why I have placed it in the last. Otherwise, Zapya app is equally good and it all depends on your choice.
So these were the three apps which I generally use for sharing files. There are other amazing apps of course, but I never felt the need to try others as whenever I was in some problem, there three apps came to rescue.
Since I have now told you that Shareit is the best file sharing app for android, so you would be wishing to try the Shareit app out.
I’m going to help you out with that because that is what I am there for.
I will be telling you about the Shareit apk and how you can download it from our site.
Apks are those file formats which can be executed on Android OS and can be used to install applications. Just like there is .exe in windows, there is .apk in Android.
Shareit apk is just the executable version of the Shareit app. This Shareit apk can be used to install the Shareit app on your android device.
The main benefit of using the Shareit apk is that you will not have to download it from the play store then. If you have the apk file, you can install it whenever you want, even when you are offline.
Another reason to use apks instead of downloading from play store is that apks can be shared with friends very easily. But to share apps downloaded from play store, you need to first convert them into apk and then share them.
Now coming to the downloading part
In the heading mentioned below, I will be sharing the download links to all major versions of the Shareit apk. You can download the apk files by directly clicking on the download links given below.
So here is the section that most of you were waiting for. Here I will tell you how to download the Shareit apk from our site and will also share the download links for the same purpose.
Below is the list of all the versions that we will be providing
- Shareit apk v3.8.8 [Latest version]
- Shareit apk v3.8.2
- Shareit apk v3.7.8
- Shareit apk v3.6.9
If you want other versions of this app, then you can let us know in the comment section down below.
Also, we will update this article as soon as any update to Shareit is available. So keep visiting this page to download the latest version of Shareit apk.
Installing the Shareit apk is really very easy. If you are not accustomed to using Android, then you might face a problem while explicitly installing the apk file on your device.
However, if you follow the simple steps shared in this post, I am pretty convinced that you will be able to install the apk very smoothly.
So follow the steps given below
Steps to follow
- Make sure that you have downloaded the Shareit apk.
- Open settings of your phone.
- Go to security.
- You will see an option of “Unknown sources”
- Check mark that option
- Now locate the apk file on your file manager.
- Click on the apk file.
- Click on “Agree” or “Accept”
- Follow the steps and the app will be installed on your device.
After that, you can start using the Shareit app.
Here I will be giving you some information about the Shareit app. I will tell you some important things that I believe you should know before you get started with using the Shareit app.
Now, instead of writing an entire paragraph, I am thinking to divide all the information I have about shareit into various points.
- ShareIt is a file sharing app which can be used to share different media formats such as mp3, mp4, apk, avi etc from one device to another.
- Share it a cross-platform app which means that even files can be shared between one OS and Another.
- Shareit is platform-independent.
- Shareit is developed by Lenovo.
- Apart from media files, you can also share applications with others.
- Shareit first converts installed apps into apk files and then send them.
- Shareit app can also be connected to your Personal Computer and files can be transferred to and fro.
- Shareit app supports Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows OS and Mac OS
Interesting fact: The file transfer speed of Shareit is approximately 200 times that of Bluetooth
Now coming to some facts about the shareit app.
- Shareit has between 100,000,000 – 500,000,000 installs in the Google Play Store
- Apart from this, it also has many other installs from external sources.
- Shareit app was last updated on April 1, 2017
- It works on Android version above 2.2
- Current version of Shareit app is 3.8.8
The new feature in the latest update of Shareit is
Share ZoneWhen connecting with friends you can select anything you like from your friends’ Share Zone.
A lot of people think that using this app to share files over a LAN connection would be a difficult task. But let me tell you that you can share files using the sharing app with ease.
Like it is as easy as drinking coffee.
Let me tell you how you can use the Shareit app
So the basic purpose of using this particular app is sharing files, right? Now sharing can be anything. Either you can send files to someone of receive files from someone. I will explain steps for both.
Follow the steps given below to send files to your friend.
But, before you start sending, make sure that your friend has already clicked on the “Receive” button on his Shareit app.
Okay then, get started with the steps
- Open the Shareit app.
- Click on the “Send” button.
- Select the files which you want to send.
- You can also select multiple files.
- Click on the “Send” button again.
- Now you will see a Radar type thing which would scan nearby networks.
- If your friend has already clicked on the receive button, you will be able to see your friend’s name and his Avatar.
- Click on his Avatar
Check the snaps given below for more understanding
Now the file will be sent automatically. Once the sharing is done, you can click on the “Exit portal” button.
Receiving files is even easier.
All you have to do is click on the receive button.
And then ask your friend to follow all the steps that I mentioned above in the “Send Files” section.
You will automatically receive the files from your friend.
Check the snaps given below
Okay, so this is something that a lot of people ask me.
How Shareit works?
What is the secret behind Shareit?
How can shareit send files so fast?
These are some of the questions that I usually get from my readers. So in this section, I will be answering this question.
Now to make the answer more interesting, I will again divide the paragraph into points to that you do not feel bored while reading it.
- So basically, Shareit works on a LAN (Local Area Network) which means that two devices are directly connected to each other.
- When you click on the Receive button, what happens is that Shareit creates a Wifi Hotspot from your device.
- And when the sender clicks on the send button and chooses the files to share, he sees an option to select your avatar.
- This avatar comes only when you have already clicked on the “Receive” button.
- The Shareit app from the sender’s device scans for available Wifi Networks( or the hotspot which you have created)
- Once you click on your friend’s Avatar, the sender’s device gets connected to the receiver’s device.
- Now all the work is done by the app. The app uses Peer-to-peer technology to transfer files from one place to another.
This is a simple procedure of the working of the Shareit app.
When it comes to features, Shareit has tons of them. With every update, they tend to add one amazing feature to its existing lot of features.
In this section, I will discuss some of the major features of the Shareit app which make is the best file sharing app out there in the market.
- Blazing fast speed – As I already told above, that Shareit transfers files with speed up to 200 times the speed of Bluetooth. It is one of the fastest file sharing app available in the market.
- No network restrictions – You need not be connected to any network to start sharing files through the shareit app. You can share files anytime, anywhere.
- Fastest in the world – The fastest speed of Shareit app reaches around 20 MBPS which make it the fastest file-sharing app in the world.
- Cross-Platform functionality – This is an amazing feature of the Shareit app which means that it is platform independent. In other words, even Windows phones can share files with Android devices and vice versa.
- Supports most file formats – Shareit allows you to share almost every file format ever made.
- PC Support Available – You can also connect your phone to your PC wireless and transfer files to and from your PC.
These were the basic features of the Shareit app which make it stand away from the crowd. Apart from these, another new feature was added in the latest update to the app which is mentioned below.
This is another question that a lot of people ask me frequently. Though I had planned to answer it in the FAQs section, but since it can go beyond one line, so I decided to write it in a separate heading.
Now coming to the benefits of Shareit over other apps, I would say that there is no major difference between other apps and Shareit. All of them work on the same principle.
Comparing the speeds of Shareit and other apps, I can say that Shareit is slightly faster. Though it doesn’t make much difference to the overall experience, but still that keeps Shareit on a higher position.
Another reason why I prefer Shareit over other apps is that Shareit has comparatively lesser ads than other apps.
So the overall UI of Shareit is better than other apps and that is why I prefer it over other apps.
If you know other benefits of Shareit, do let me know in the comment section down below.
Now coming to the customer reviews of Shareit. The data and reviews shared here are taken from the official handle of Shareit app in the Google Play Store.
Talking about the overall ratings, here are some official stats about the app.
Now coming to some frequently asked questions about the Shareit apk. Let me list all the questions that people ask me and my answers to those questions.
- Downloading shareit apk and not installing from Play Store, is it safe?
Yes it is completely safe and as long as you are downloading it from our site, I can assure you that you will not face any issues with the apk file. We provide you the cleanest Virus Free apk and it is completely safe for use.
- How shareit app works?
Scroll above, I have written a complete paragraph about its working.
- What is the speed of Shareit app?
Though it also depends on the device receiving files, but on optimum conditions, the speed goes upto 20 mbps which is around 200 times the speed of BLUETOOTH.
- Can I share files without the Internet?
Yes, shareit does not require any internet data for sharing files. So you can share files without internet.
- Can I transfer files to and from my PC using Shareit?
Yes Shareit app provides this facality too. You can send files to your PC and also receive them from your PC using the Shareit app. All you need to do is to connect your PC to your mobile.
As of now, I have no questions. If you feel that you want to ask more questions about the app, then feel free to ask them in the comment section down below and I would love to include them on this section.
So this was a detailed guide about the Shareit app. I have literally tried to provide you everything that you would ever need. From Shareit apk to the usage of the app, here is everything you need to get started.